Learn to Adapt with Lizard Medicine ~
Self-care and Personal Growth through Gifts from the Rainforest:
9. The Lizard is a master of adaptation. Letting go of things that no longer work for us allows us to adapt to the world as it is.
Are you holding onto an abusive person, situation or dream? If so, what would be the purpose in doing that? How can you effectively let go?
Healing Action: Separate from negative thoughts, behaviors, or beliefs. Detach from harmful priorities, standards and expectations that threaten your wellbeing. Drop old plans or relationships in favor of new ones.
A Lizard’s Tale
The lizard is a master of adaptation.
She can change her color to blend
into her environment.
She can stand remarkably still
and run remarkably fast.
If her enemies grab her by the tail,
she simply lets it go
and grows a new one.
She knows that life is a dream
and she is the dreamer.
She cannot control her circumstances,
but she can control how she reacts to them.
Listen to her sage advice:
“It is better to lose your tail
than to lose your life.
You can always grow a new one.”
For best results, gaze softly at the Circle both crossed over the midline of the body and uncrossed so that the communication is more complete.
Intuitive Learning Circles ™ help you access your inner guidance, identify problems and make proactive changes. Simply relax and gaze at the Circles while contemplating its message and positive affirmations. Your intuition will come forward and give you the help that you seek.
Further Exploration into Lizard Medicine:
You may think you are fine, yet the Lizard is here to warn you that you are deceiving yourself in a fundamental way. Others are trying to hold you to standards or expectations that are harmful to your health and wellbeing. It’s time – maybe even past time – to chase down the possibilities and make corrections. Befriend the Lizard and ask the Circle:
- Are you being overly naive about certain people, establishments or belief systems and not seeing them as they truly are behaving?
- Are you being taken advantage of by others by doing their work for them or trying to make up for their indiscretions?
- Are you tying yourself down to duty and obligation?
- Are you confused about what the true meaning of love and friendship is?
- What does your intuition tell you about what’s really going on in this situation?
- Be honest with yourself, what is the real reason you’re feeling obligated?
Look at the Circle again to help you know what to do about your situation:
- Accept the damage and the truth of your situation.
- Make a plan for letting go.
- Know what you must do to follow through.
Once you deal with the changes you must make, you will realize that letting go can be a blessing in disguise.
Lizard Medicine is an excerpt from Gifts from the Rainforest
Available exclusively From Soul Resources LLC:
Inspired by Design Therapy from the native tribes of the Amazon, the forty-nine Intuitive Learning Circles™ and animal totems from Gifts from the Rainforest are healing and divination tools for anyone who wants to accelerate their spiritual growth and intuitive abilities.
♦ Find emotional balance ♦ Deal with repetitive habits & attitudes that keep you stuck ♦ Develop common sense ♦ Learn to trust your gut instincts. ♦ Receive messages from plant, animal & nature spirits.
The Intuitive Learning Circles should not be considered as an exclusive method of treatment. The appropriate medical or psychotherapeutic authorities should be consulted for the diagnosis and treatment of any medical or psychological condition. The information and practices described on this website are best considered as an adjunct to orthodox medical or psychological treatments.